10/17/10

Captain EO (featuring George Lucas, Francis Ford Coppola and...Mikey Jackson)


So I had a pretty wild day yesterday! I went to Epcot in Disney and celebrated the 15th Food & Wine Festival. It was nice to smell all of the food and see all of the different kinds of drinks that they had. I didn't drink because, well, I simply didn't feel like it plus it was far too expensive. BUT I did have lunch! I went to the Greece booth and got Spanakopita and I went to the Charcuterie & Cheese cart to get some cheese fondue with croutons and roasted peppers. I then proceeded to the Ireland booth to top it off with warm chocolate lava cake with Baily's Irish cream ganache. MMMMMM so good! Afterwords I went to England and sat in the Rose Garden and studied for the GRE as I drank Twinning's Iced Tea and listened to "Hey Jude" play in the background by a live band. I then stopped by France but couldn't stay for very long because I became too nostalgic :( so I moved to Japan where I bought a Little Red Riding Hood stationary set as well as witnessed a wedding proposal at the Japanese Pearl Counter! So kawaii!!
I also decided that I would go on a couple of rides that I hadn't been on in a awhile: Honey, I Shrunk the Audience and Imagination with Figment (which had been changed...for the better, I might add!). When I made my way over there I realized that Honey was gone! It had been replaced by a 1986 experiment created by George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppola. A 3D science fiction musical starring Michael Jackson - It was called Captain EO.


Wild, right? That's what I thought too! So, I thought, I gotta give this a try! I got in the theater and put on my 3D glasses and noticed that I was surrounded by families with very small kids AND 30-something year old cult followers of this "Captain EO". Ladies and Gentlemen...what you are about to witness is the 3D cult classic that I watched only a few hours ago in Walt Disney's Epcot Center (without the 3D of course). There is no describing this 20 minute film...you just have to watch it yourself:

Part 1


Part 2


OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! I couldn't believe what was happening in front of me! It was The Dark Crystal  meets The Wiz or whatever. I loved it! The next paycheck I get I'm spending my hard earned monies on Captain EO merch.

Love & Peace!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!!! I didn't know you had never seen/heard of Captain EO. James and Katie are in love with that so I was exposed when I first met them it's pretty wild!

    ReplyDelete