4/6/11

Lady. Style. Glory.

Listening to: Adele - Hometown Glory

Just looking at some female, singer/songwriters and poets that are inspiring to me. Their style, and their feminist qualities in their music and poetry and their struggle to become better people...without being cliche (I could mention some contemporary artists but I won't). Since men and other human relationships are what inspire me in my poetry, I appreciate others who do the same. Here are a few:

The Classic: Sylvia Plath



"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair. And I eat men like air."
Poem: Lady Lazarus

The Hippie: Kimya Dawson



"...I just wanted to prove wrong the people in my head."

The Desperate Housewife: Anne Sexton



"Like two dolls in a museum case, never bothered by diapers or dust..."  
Poem: Cinderella

The Angry Beauty: Kate Nash



"I'd rather be with your friends, mate, 'cause they are much fitter."

The Twin Sisters: Tegan and Sara



"Make a map of what you see, direct pain effectively..."

The Basket Cases: CocoRosie



 "Like an empty restaurant filled with perfume and balloons, I sit and entertain the bizarre guests of my soul..."
Song: Animals

The Foreigner: Bjork



"I'm a fountain of blood in the shape of a girl..."

The Hot Mess: Courtney Love



"I'm overrated, desecrated, still somehow illuminated..."


No comments:

Post a Comment